Terms and Conditions – Groups
1. Enrolment /Bookings
· In booking a group with us, you accept CESC/ILH’s terms and conditions of enrolment.
· A course is defined as the whole period of booking.
· A package refers to all elements of the booking provided by CESC. This could include, but is not limited to; the course, accommodation, excursions, activities, airport transfers.
· The minimum age for students enrolling in a group is 11.
· For off-peak group bookings, students aged 16 and over can join international adult courses when permission is given.
· Completion of welfare information in advance of the course is mandatory for all students under the age of 18.
· For CESC and ILH groups, a group should consist of 10 or more students.
· In cases where an activity programme will be supplied, CESC reserves the right to amend the activity according to circumstances at the time and to substitute one activity for another.
2. Payment terms
· Upon booking a 10% deposit of the total package fees is required to confirm the group.
· A deposit is required within 10 days of receiving written confirmation of the booking by CESC.
· If a 10% deposit is not paid in advance the group are liable for a late payment fee – equal to 5% of the total package fees.
· Full package fees should be received no later than 28 days prior to the course start date.
· Group bookings made less than 28 days before the proposed course start date must be accompanied by full payment.
3. Cancellation, Refunds and Changes
· Cancellation before arrival. CESC/ILH must receive cancellation in writing at least 28 days before the start of the course.
o Cancellation more than 28 days before the start of the course – full refund minus 10% deposit
o Cancellation from 14 days to 28 days before the start of the course – 50% of the package fees may be refunded
o Cancellation less than 14 days before the start of the course – No refund
· Cancellation after arrival. Fees are non-refundable after starting the course.
· Package fees are non-refundable in the case of non-arrival or late arrival.
· In the case that fees have been paid prior to a refused visa application, fees minus any costs incurred by the Centre will be refunded.
· We reserve the right to cancel or alter a course or to change course timings. If we do so, we will offer an alternative course or refund.
· If you need to change the starting date, you must contact us at least 28 days before this date, or full fees will be charged.
· CESC reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £50 each time the course, accommodation or transfer details are changed by the agent. CESC also reserves the right to charge an administration fee for non-standard requests and variations.
· You are not automatically insured by CESC/ILH against illness, accident, theft, damage or loss of personal effects and CESC/ILH accepts no liability.
· Please make sure to arrange insurance before you travel.
· CESC/ILH can provide student insurance upon request. Please contact CESC/ILH for more information.
· You should also check whether your country’s government health service has any special arrangement with the British National Health Service.
5. Public Holidays
· CESC/ILH is not open on public holidays.
· 2020 Bank Holidays: 1 January, 10 April, 13 April. 8 May, 25 May, 31 August, 25 December, 28 December.
6. Conduct and behaviour
· CESC/ILH reserves the right to dismiss a student from a course without refund in the case of unsatisfactory attendance, work or behaviour.
7. Homestay Provider Accommodation
· Homestay provider accommodation is booked in units of one week, with arrival and departures on Sundays.
· Details of the group accommodation will be sent to you before the start of the course.
· You must plan for the group to arrive at their homestay providers between 08:00 and 20:00.
· Accommodation will be booked for visa national students only once they have received their visa, and their flight details have been confirmed.
· Students will have a twin or single room with a study area. The homestay provider will give the student’s breakfast and dinner during the week and all meals at the weekend.
· All students are expected to be out of their homestay provider accommodation between 09.00 and 16.00 every weekday.
· All students must leave their accommodation when the course has finished.
· Changes cannot be guaranteed.
8. Promotional materials
· We may take photographs or videos from time to time for marketing purposes. The student (or your parent or guardian if they are under 18) must inform us in writing before the course starts if you do not allow us to use such images.
9. Force Majeure
· CESC is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, infectious diseases or pandemics or other natural disasters that are beyond the reasonable control of the parties), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, internet or telephone service. Refunds will not be made in such circumstances.
· In the event of an outbreak of an infectious disease, all students and or parents/guardians are required to comply with rules regarding quarantine as set by government agencies or by the school.
· If the school asserts Force Majeure as an excuse for failure to perform its obligations, then the school must prove that it took reasonable steps to minimise delay or damages caused by foreseeable events, that the school substantially fulfilled all non-excused obligations, and that the other party (student, agent etc.) was, where possible, notified of the likelihood or actual occurrence of the event.