On your first day you will be welcomed by our Admissions staff, who will then direct you to the test room for your level of English to be checked.
Staff in Reception can help you with all those things which you have to do when you first arrive in another country:
- Information on getting about in Colchester, and on buses and taxis
- Information on doctors and dentists, and what to do if you feel unwell
- Help in applying for a student rail card
- Help in registering with the local police – you need to make an appointment. Also have your passport ready and £34
- Help in dealing with Council Tax demands
- Help in opening a bank account – reception will provide you with a letter
- Help in booking travel and accommodation for the weekend
- Advice on local schools and how to apply if you have your children with you
- Help in applying for the IELTS test
- Information about the daily social activities and help in booking for these
- Any questions you may have about your accommodation – our Accommodation officers are based in the Reception area
- Photocopying of key documents for you (a small charge of 10p per page)
- First aid
- Help in making an appointment with our welfare team
The Admissions Team are the people who will deal with your course booking. They will discuss with you either by email or over the phone the options available to you and the costs of the course. They will also give you invaluable advice on the kind of visa you need, the paperwork you need to support it and how to go about getting the visa. They will confirm your booking in writing, and may send original visa letters to you by courier. They will organise any taxi transfers from the airport which you may have requested. They aim to deal with all enquiries and enrolments on the day of the bookings.
Once you have arrived at the school, you must talk to the Admissions Team if you need to make any changes to your course. If you would like to increase or reduce the number of lessons you have, or the number of weeks you study, to book a holiday or to make a change to your accommodation booking, you must go to Admissions to record these changes. Again the Admissions Team will give you helpful advice, and try to find the best solution for you.