Making a booking
To make a booking, you can download an Enrolment Form or complete our online-form via the link below:
We accept students aged 16 and over, students aged 16/17 will need written permission from their parent/guardian to join adult classes. CESC also runs closed group courses for students aged 11 – 17.
- You must pay a non-refundable registration fee of £75 when you enrol
- You must pay a deposit of £200 (towards tuition fee) to secure your booking
- You must pay a £50 accommodation handling fee if you wish to book homestay accommodation
- You must pay all course fees at least two weeks before your first day
- Sponsored students must pay for at least 2 weeks of their accommodation prior to arrival
Ways of paying
- By bank transfer or debit card from a bank in Britain in pounds sterling (there is no charge for paying by UK debit card).
- You can transfer money directly to our bank but please note that you will have to pay for all bank charges
ALL AMOUNTS ARE IN POUNDS STERLING
When making a payment, it is important that you provide a student name, course name and arrival date so that we can assign this to your enrolment.
- In booking with us, you accept CESC’s terms and conditions of enrolment.
- A course is defined as the whole period of booking.
- You must be at least 16 years old to study at CESC in open enrolment courses, written permission is needed from a parent/guardian for students aged 16/17. Students aged 11-17 can study at CESC in closed groups.
- All bookings must be accompanied by a £200 deposit and a £75 registration fee per student.
- There is a £50 handling fee when booking homestay accommodation.
- Bookings made less than 14 days before the proposed course start date must be accompanied by full payment.
2. Cancellation, Refunds and Changes
- Cancellation before arrival. CESC must receive cancellation in writing at least 14 working days before the start of the course. In the case that at least 14 working days’ notice of cancellation is given, any tuition fees paid will be refunded less the deposit of £200. The registration fee is non-refundable. In the case that less than 14 working days’ notice of cancellation is given, any tuition fees paid will be refunded less the deposit, the registration fee and one week’s tuition fees.
- Cancellation after arrival. Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable once you have started the course.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable in the case of non-arrival or late arrival.
- In the case that fees have been paid prior to a refused visa application, fees minus any costs incurred by the Centre will be refunded.
- At least 10 days’ notice needs to be given to cancel homestay accommodation. If less than 10 days’ notice is given, 1 full-week will be charged.
- Summary Charges:
>14 days Full tuition fees, less deposit and registration fee of £275.00
<14 days Tuition fees, less deposit, registration fee and 1x week’s tuition fees
– During course No refund
- We reserve the right to cancel or alter a course or to change course timings. If we do so, we will offer an alternative course or refund.
- If you need to change your starting date, you must contact us at least 14 working days before this date, or full fees will be charged..
- If you want to apply to take a holiday from your course when you are here or make any other changes you must give at least 14 working days’ notice in writing to the Admissions Office. Failure to give notice will result in two weeks being charged in lieu.
- You are not insured by CESC against illness, accident, theft, damage or loss of personal effects and CESC accepts no liability. Please arrange your own insurance before you travel.
- You should also check whether your country’s government health service has any special arrangement with the British National Health Service. You should check that your medical insurance covers all possible emergencies, including travel to/from any healthcare premises.
4. Public Holidays
- CESC is not open on public holidays and free excursions are organised. There is no fee reduction for public holidays.
- 2017 Bank Holidays: 2 January , 14 April, 17 April, 1 May, 29 May, 28 August, 25 December, 26 December.
5. Tuition Fees
- Tuition fees include:
– all teaching costs*
– a weekly activities programme
– an end-of-course certificate
– the use of all study facilities
* For general English and Examination preparation courses students are required to hire or purchase the course book. The fee for this is £30 per book. If the book is hired, £25 is returned to the student on return of the book.
6. Conduct and behaviour
- CESC reserves the right to dismiss a student from a course without refund in the case of unsatisfactory attendance, work or behaviour.
7. Homestay Provider Accommodation
- Homestay provider accommodation is booked in units of one week, with arrival Saturday or Sunday and departure on Saturday or Sunday.
- Details of your accommodation will be sent to you before the start of your course.
- You must plan to arrive at your homestay provider between 08:00 and 23:00.
- Accommodation will be booked for visa national students only once they have received their visa, and their flight details have been confirmed.
- You will have a single room with a study area. Your homestay provider will provide you with breakfast and dinner during the week and all meals at the weekend.
- You are expected to be out of your homestay provider accommodation between 09.00 and 16.00 every weekday.
- If you want to change your homestay provider or leave earlier than planned, you must give at least 10 days’ notice ending on a Saturday.
- You must leave our accommodation when your course has finished.
- You may request a change of homestay provider after arrival and the Centre will consider all reasonable requests.
- Changes cannot be guaranteed.
8. Promotional materials
- We may take photographs or videos from time to time for marketing purposes. You (or your parent or guardian if you are under 18) must inform us in writing before the course starts if you do not allow us to use such images.